Thank you for taking an interest in Ashley Down’s PSA.
We understand that everyone is busy and “spare” time is at a premium. We also understand that parents and carers typically want the best for their children, which includes a good education. Therefore the PSA provides a fantastic opportunity for you to make a tangible contribution towards your child’s schooling in whatever way that may be.
You may have time, money, expertise, ideas or other skills and talents at your disposal, and we would love for you to share those with us! Any support you offer will be gratefully accepted, either as a one off or on a more regular basis. We appreciate that everyone’s personal circumstances are likely to change over the course of a child’s education. Our hope is that if you would like to be involved, no matter what phase you are in, there is a way you can contribute.
Here are a few suggestions. This is not an exhaustive list so if we’ve missed something please let us know.
- Come along to events, buy tickets and other PSA related goodies.
- Volunteer either in the run-up or during an event. We always need adults to sell cakes after school, run the bar at the quiz night or have a shift running a stall at one of the fairs.
- Donate items for various PSA run events for example cakes, toys, previously loved items, raffle prizes.
- Donate money directly to the Ashley Down School PSA My Donate page.
- Offer your professional skills, perhaps you are a marketing whizz who can help promote events, or are in a band or choir and could perform at the Christmas or summer fairs. There are many talented parents so don’t be shy!
- Involve your business by sponsoring an event or donating raffle prizes. We are fortunate to live in an area with numerous successful local businesses. Do you work for one of them. Could you ask them about sponsorship or donations?
- Join the committee, come to PSA meetings and get involved with planning and organising events and fundraising opportunities. Details of the next PSA meeting.
Our hope is that you will enjoy whatever it is you do for the PSA and in return we want you to have fun and make friends whilst making a valuable contribution to the education of not only your child but all Ashley Down pupils.
Please get in touch and let us know how you can help.
This information will be used for PSA purposes and will be held by committee members only and will not be distributed to anyone outside of the PSA.